Monday, February 16, 2009

The Intention Behind the Blog


Mumbai
16.02.2009
11.20PM

Dear Parul,
It was really nice to hear your wonderful voice on the phone, helping me create a blog of my own. True, over the last several months, I have been in email contact with a number of people, writing to them about whatever I have been reading or sometimes offering comments / answers to issues posed by them in their communications. However, if one were to ask me, it has only been by way of sharing myself with others.
2. Personally speaking, I do not attach much value to what I have to say or speak out. The idea behind my interactions is to share my ‘perspective’ with others. Perhaps it will make a difference to them and will guide them into the realm of deeper reality, as I perceive it. I understand that in the final analysis reality is gained when one is established in changelessness. Ultimate truth is a perspectiveless perspective. It just happens and cannot be gained. When it happens, the senses and the mind ‘drink’ in absolute silence. This is a unique state. The multifarious functions of senses and the mind have ceased. Pure awareness alone remains.
3. Hence, whatever I say can and may do some preparatory ground work for may readers. It is only preparatory because one day they will be required to go beyond the perspectives, I impart them. This is what happens in spirituality. It is a dynamic process. We cling to opinions and beliefs that are needed to raise our awareness. But, as the awareness gets more refined, old belief systems have to be discarded or shed off; and, new belief systems have to be embraced. It is like a medical doctor, caught up with the bio-chemical processes within the body, suddenly getting familiar with the existence of prana and its functions. His entire approach to medicines and healing will have to change at once. The process goes on until the last point is reached. There, the Truth has been attained. Becoming has found its last resort in Being. Man has become God. Belief has eventually matiarialised into Experience.
4. All of us are are on this very journey form ‘Becoming’ into ‘Being’, from ‘Belief’ to ‘Experience’, and from ‘Man’ to ‘God’. Each one stands on the ladder of existence, which is also the ladder of evolution, joining the peak to the base. Depending up on the extent of one’s evolution, each one is at a different rung of the ladder. But the journey is the same. Edge if any enjoyed by one over the others is temporary. One who finds himself in cosy confines has gone through the trials, tribulations and pitfalls, common to others. The only difference is that he has learnt his lessons well and has graduated to to a higher level on the ladder. Others will occupy that space in due time. Being companions on this path, we must have respect and love for everyone, if not for anything else then for the simple reason reason that each one has the same potential.
5. One way to express this love is to share ourselves. This is what plods me on. I am reminded of a beautiful story. The Master was sitting with his disciples. A bird began to sing. The Master asked, “Why does the bird sing?” The disciples remained silent. The Master provided the answer, “It has a song.” I feel like the bird.
6. Thanks so much for asking me to create the blog. Personally, I do not attach much value to my own words. If my readers find them nurturing, credit is due to them alone. So, my salutations to you for being the first visitor to my blog.
7. The bond we share extends beyond formal words. Still as an elder I send you my goodwishes. May God bless you.
Affectionately yours
Mausa

3 comments:

  1. Life is to share and gretest sharing is knowledge. Thanks for creating your blog and special thanks to Parul for taking initiative.Will try to gain much from this.... till then...
    Yashu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mausa for your kind words. But the fact is, anyone who would read this blog would smile and know that my "initiative" was nothing but pure selfishness.They would understand that I ,like many of them, would strive hard to promote the source of such inspiring..enlightening..almost jolting thoughts in our lives. Your words always resound in my heart and mind often leading me into an analytical journey of my own. "Ultimate truth is a perspectiveless perspective" is the latest entry in the list :).So May this fountain of knowledge keep flowing and many more like me keep sipping happily ever after :) and hopefully one day, we will also find our "song".
    Love, Parul

    ReplyDelete
  3. This refers to Parul's comment of February 18. She hopes to find her "song" one day. The fact of the matter is the song is already there within her. She is that song. She has just to look within.

    ReplyDelete